Friday, February 20, 2009

Kauai with the Brooksbys

We managed to getaway for a few days without our kids!  We went to the beautiful island of Kauai with Wade and Jodi Brooksby.  We had such a great time with them!

After a long day of traveling, Jodi and I waited for Jim and Wade to get a rental car.  Obviously they were feeling "young and fancy free" when they pulled up next to us.  A convertible YELLOW jeep.  If I could have got out of the car when we were finally packed in with all our luggage, I would have taken a picture.  There was so much luggage we couldn't see each other. What a sight, I'm sure.
Once we arrived at Jodi's brothers place we looked out the window and saw this monk seal taking a rest on the beach.  It was a very nice welcome.  He was so cute!
Jim and Wade decided to eat eel sushi.  NO THANK YOU!!!  
Something I was not prepared for was roosters crossing the street.  They run wild in Kauai. 
Ask Wade why this happened,  or for the real story ask Jodi.
Jim and Wade were able to use their new "TOYS" that they received for Christmas.  They went snorkeling with their sea scooters and had a blast.  Jodi and I were glad that the batteries only last an hour otherwise we might not have seen them all day.
I have always wanted to go whale watching.  If it were up to me I would have taken the boat right up next to them.  It was great to see them breech out of the water.  Unfortunately it lasts for a second and we weren't able to get a good picture. 


Jim and Wade planned a wild day.  We went on an OPEN door helicopter ride.  Jim and I have never been in a helicopter before.  I have never been so nervous. After it was done we all decided that it was the best thing we ever did on our trip and we wished we could do it again.
So many waterfalls and beautiful mountains

These two were quite a pair.  On this day, as we were waiting for the elevator, we looked at them and realized that they were wearing the same shirt.
This was the beautiful sunrise we saw.
I didn't want to forget this moment :)

2 comments:

Julie Heugly said...

Looks like fun...except for the fall right out of the helicopter ride! You know how I feel about that.

Mandy said...

I did a post about a get-away not long ago...I'll trade mine for yours! Truly, I'm glad you guys had a great time. Don't get Hawaii-ied out - we need to plan a trip with you there sometime soon.